I have huge weekend plans.
I like to save projects and things to tackle while the kids are away. Keeps me busy and out of trouble (trouble in this case involving copious quantities of ice cream and back episodes of Parenthood, not necessarily in that order.)
I have tried various methods to keep track of the things I need to do – online apps, paper lists – but this time I thought maybe I would just go around and take pictures of all of the things that need doing. Then I could flip through my pictures and have a visual to-do list right there on my handy-dandy phone.
But now there are so many pictures and flipping through them is not making me feel organized.
It is more like the Pinterest board from hell.
Here are my weekend plans (so far – left to right starting at the top):
* Find a new gate to restrain the dog in the kitchen. The old one broke, duct tape isn’t cutting it and letting her roam the house is totally not an option.
* Get rid of the bag of hand-me-downs for my neighbor that have been moving from room to room in my house since October. They are currently sitting in the dining room, where they have been since December 22nd when we got together to wrap Christmas presents…
* Figure out how to remove this disgusting black crud from my family room carpet.
* Move this box from IKEA, which weighs approximate 700,000 pounds and contains an entire dresser, less one drawer. Tater’s dresser drawer broke, we replaced the one drawer and he says the new one is the wrong color and he doesn’t want to change the rest of it. So 700,000 pounds of dresser pieces need to traverse to the basement. I believe I am their escort.
* Fix this weird ripped spot on my sofa – which is of course the most visible spot on the entire thing.
* Find the right wattage of outdoor CFL and replace the light outside of my garage. This also involves removing tiny screws and battling through several layers of dead spiders. I am especially looking forward to this one.
* Shop for a new dishwasher. This one does not wash. Depending on how much new ones cost, I might be completely OK with that.
* Install these mini blinds to replace the broken ones in the basement (which have been broken for…hmmm…maybe a year?) I am not entirely sure these are the right size, but they were the closest I could find – and it’s the basement.
* Wrestle this enormous mound of Christmas lights and uninflated inflatables into storage. This also involves dirt and spider carcasses. Yay.
* Take my car to the carwash. Which I promise you will result in an enormous snowstorm. Sorry about that.
* Take this sweater back to Old Navy and ask them nicely to remove this theft deterrent. Of course I don’t have the receipt anymore, so I don’t anticipate this going well.
* And…the pinnacle of weekend fun…fix my shower, which is dripping again.
I don’t have pictures for the last few:
* Give blood. I hope it goes better than last time.
* Go to lunch with my friend (a social moment!)
* Get my nails did. Because that’s what wild single girls do. And after I do all that other crap they are going to be a mess.
So my questions for you are:
A) Do you think it is humanly possible to do all of this in 48 hours?
B) How much ice cream is required to fuel these efforts?
C) What are YOU doing this weekend?