Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful. – Buddha
Gotta love that Buddha.
Lest you think I have fallen off of the gratitude wagon, be assured that I have not. It was starting to feel like a bit too much navel-gazing going on over here in blogland and I generously gave you all a break. You are welcome.
I am going to consolidate all of my thankfulness into one post a week. Maximum concentration of grateful goodness allowed by law.
So, without further ado, this week I am grateful for:
1) The fact that, although I am, and always will be, a solidly suburban girl, I am able to get myself into New York, back and forth in trains, cabs, and yes, even the subway (!) in order to manage a successful independent day in the city. Yay, me!
2) Credit Cards. In the immortal words of Lily Allen: It doesn’t matter, ’cause I’m packing plastic, and that’s what makes my life, so f***ing fantastic.
3) Advances in cleaning technology that make it possible to clean an entire bathroom without ever touching a sponge with hair on it. I still want my cleaning lady back, but in the absence of that option, minimal hair touching will have to do.
4) Beautiful weather. Somehow the absence of winter here in the Northeast made Spring sort of anticlimactic. Now that it’s truly sunshine-y and verging on summer, I finally feel a change in seasons. Which is why I live in the Northeast in the first place.
5) Kindle books. The immediate satisfaction of reading several chapters of a book in bed, before deciding that I want to read a different one…and maybe another one…is hard to beat.
6 (bonus)) Long weekends. I don’t think that requires much explanation.
What are YOU thankful for this week? Tell me…I crave comments :)