1) Because sometimes I figure out something critical and brilliant that explains exactly how the world works and it gets stuck in my head and won’t go away until I type it out or write it down. Once I do it frequently doesn’t seem quite so brilliant anymore, but at least it’s not stuck in there gumming up the works.
2) Because sometimes something happens that is just “Can you even BELIEVE that just happened?” and I need some other people to read it and confirm that indeed it did. Or it happened to them, too. Or I’m just nuts. All good to know.
3) Because sometimes I am just so damn funny the world needs to know. World here meaning the 10 of you who actually read what I share (Thank you – BTW – you’re my favorite.)
4) Because it makes me feel more me-ish. Yes, that’s totally a word.
5) Because it’s way more fun than work, and exercise, and grocery shopping, and toilet cleaning. And all of those things can be briefly avoided while writing brilliant posts like this.
*I’m participating in Write Yourself Alive – a 30 day online writing program – I’ll be responding to the daily prompts here. To respect the program I won’t actually say what the prompt is, so bear with me – this could be pretty random :)