Over the top of the hill we go and onto the second half. Anyone have any clarification questions so far? Thoughts? Want to share your own responses?
51) If you had a friend that spoke to you the same way you speak to yourself, how long would you be friends?
I am fairly kind to myself, I think I apply a similar “we’re all doing the best we can with what we’ve got” approach to myself as I do to my friends. I think I’d be friends with me for a good long time if I got over being too shy to meet me in the first place.
52) Are you happy with yourself?
Mostly, yes. I wish I had both more ambition and more patience, but overall I think I’m pretty badass. 😎
53) What do you wish you didn’t know?
There are things that about 6 years ago I could have toodled along semi-happily never knowing about. But once the proverbial cat was out of the bag I wouldn’t try to shove it back in there. Stupid cat.
Also dust mites – I wish I didn’t know about them. And tapeworms. Ew.
54) What big lesson could people learn from your life?
I’d like to think I’m a good example of resilience and girl power and being able to make a good life for yourself without making too many compromises along the way. I’m not sure any of that is a big lesson…
55) If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?
I want the Gilmore Girls house. Also anything they make over on Fixer Upper.
56) What’s your favorite Website?
IMDB makes me unreasonably happy. “OMG where do I know that guy from?” Clickety click – let me tell ya…
57) What’s the habit you’re proudest of breaking?
I used to be a ridiculously bad nail biter which was gross and I’m glad I’m not anymore.
58) What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?
I road tripped with my 16-year-old to go on a mother daughter adventure to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. It was cool to have her all to myself (mostly, because texting and Snapchat…) – driving all through the night listening to her playlist of “songs of [my] childhood.” I like that kid.
59) What’s the best bargain you’ve ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?
I don’t have the patience to pick through stuff at either one.
We had a “toy swap” in our neighborhood once, which seemed like an amazing opportunity to unload old stuff until my kids spotted a puppet theater. It was huge, and also free. There was no way to talk them out of it. I guess that was a bargain?
60) What do you order when you eat Chinese food?
Either steamed veggies and rice or vegetable lo mein. And spring rolls. Being vegetarian means that every menu distills down to 2 or 3 options that I can actually have. Usually one is a huge mushroom (gag) and one is something with tofu (my stomach does not enjoy tofu) so I order whatever is left besides those. 🍴