Checking the mail is a small bright spot in my day. It is unclear why I enjoy it so much – Publisher’s Clearing House isn’t sending me a lot of checks. The daily haul is usually a few catalogs I can’t afford to look at and some bills I’d rather not pay. But I still like it.
Today I didn’t like it so much when I received a letter from the IRS saying that they didn’t receive ANY of the taxes I paid last year. They wanted me to send the entire amount by June 4.
Underemployment is NOT the time to get such a letter.
Luckily, it turns out that the IRS is just hopelessly confused. Reassuring, right? They had applied ALL of my tax payments to my ex-husband’s taxes. Because surely, when I sent them checks with my SSN on them, I meant to pay his taxes. I’m nice like that.
Today I am grateful for:
1) The fact that I do not, in fact, owe any additional taxes. The man I talked to said they would wave the fines since this was the first time I missed a payment. Um…thanks, but did you miss the part where I didn’t??
2) I rocked library inventory at the middle school today. They were impressed by my speed and grasp of the alphabet. Volunteer work is good for confidence.
3) Carry over from yesterday – my friend helped me figure out how I can learn Photoshop for significantly less than I originally thought. Yay for learning. Yay for cheapness.
4) Interview-ish conversation tomorrow with an agency I am interested in working with. Yay!
5) I believe I haven’t been grateful for my children in a few days. I HAVE been, but I haven’t mentioned it here. So there, I did.